Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Getting organised for two months of travel is tough!

Well fun times ahead. Since Abe told me we were heading to Paris for a month we have been in
constant motion. We have to find a place for Casey, the beloved Chow/Lab, to stay. She's headed to summer camp actually. She'll be living down valley in Naturita on a 3 acre spread where there are no cages. there will be tons of dogs to chum with and a nice place to curl up at night -- next to the owner's bed. How much better can it get. Abe and I have other things to attend to also -- he actually has to work! As soon as I knew we were heading out, work was dropped and tidying began, storing, sorting, tossing, preparing and dreaming.

It is going to be very strange to leave the tiny confines of this little box canyon which we call Telluride, and live in a city. I have been in a car about 7 times since arriving in town last October. We have no street lights, no noisy traffic, just gentle snows, sparkling streams, crisp days, blue skies and tourists. Now we will go and become tourists -- only we plan to fake it since we will ahve an apartment and a neighbourhood to call our own.

Of course since we are leaving Telluride for France and won't be back until we have been to Arizona for three days for Abe to ride his mountain bike, and then a return visit to Texas for two weeks and then Israel....how on eath do we begin to pack? That is the question that occupies my waking hours in the middle of the night. What do I pack....we need to be able to look chic but have comfortable feet, warm but not overdressed, spring but it could be hot, spring but it could be freezing, spring but it couldl be pouring rain. Lots to think about. Meanwhile Casey is curled up at my feet with no notion of being shipped out to summer camp with Lane Conrad and all the dogs of Naturita. I promise to come back and get you Casey.

I'm doing a big crash course in Ashtanga yoga too....I really got lazy about it this winter...too cold, too lazy to get up Friday mornings for the led class and too freaked out to go to Mysore. So, I have about a week to crash course and memorise the moves and get into the groove. . My promise to myself is to go to a studio in Paris and really whip myself into shape with the Ashtanga....it makes me feel better, calmer, and sleep better. I love losing myself in the repetitive movements of the vinyassa. So, now it is written in black and white......Ashtanga yogis in Paris watch out..... the newbie girl is coming to town.

No comments:

Post a Comment