Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Drinking wine and packing -- always a bad idea!

The suitcases are out. The dog is gone. In fact the dog is so gone that the boarding kennel called to let us know that Casey is happy as a clam. She found a bunch of other dogs to hang out with in the sun and they suntanned all day. THIRTY dogs are going to descend en masse this weekend since it is about to be Spring Break in Telluride. The only problem Lane has had with Casey is that Casey keeps hopping up on Lane's bed to go to sleep... ha ha....spoiled dog. Lane said it would be fine if it didn't make all the other dogs want to get up also.....the picture is funny in my head. Casey hops up, other dogs hop up, Lane tells them to get down, Casey hops up and so on....hopefully tonight will be better! Speaking of dogs on beds, Abe's feet and mine were cold sans dog. Who knew.

I'd have tons of room in my luggage if I wasn't bringing hundreds of items for Benjamin. He needs American toothpaste, deodorant, good shirts, new shoes, sunglasses, belt, shorts. Oh right, and then he adds...but I'll only have a carry on to put it all in so don't go crazy. What....a carry on? I've stuffed a second suitcase with his stuff for Israel and the summer in Spain.

We are ready to go. The luggage is packed. My foot has been lasered about four times to cure my foot pain. I've had FIVE private Ashtanga yoga lessons to get back up to speed. I have even stood on my head four times in the past three days. The first time the pain in my chest was so severe that as I rested in child's pose I was convinced I was having a heart attack. However, obviously not. I'm still here. I've loved every second of time with Erin and Gary though. You certainly feel like a little spoiled child having someone privately help you into every position. Of course you still aren't doing any of them correctly, but if you can file away a few touch sensations you have a little more hope of doing it with a modicum of acceptability when you are in a class.

I have promised Gary and Erin that I will email them the moment I go to a class in France. This makes it an event that I have to undertake. I'm terrified that the teachers will be really mean. Why do I think this? It would make it easier not to go to class ever. However, I've promised.

Off we head to Arizona for Abe to get in some mountain biking. And to be honest, the thought of warm sun and a pool at a nice hotel....I'm really in the mood for that. Looking forward to being with Peg for a long hike and Jim for a good workout. Three days of sun tanning and off to Paris we go.

1 comment: