Thursday, May 7, 2009

Last Paris Post

Well we are packing up and getting ready to head out tomorrow to a different hotel at the airport. It is easy packing up since you don't have to decide what to take, you just take what you have.

Abe and I have walked and walked and walked and walked. I don't think we can walk anymore.
We've seen quartiers we've never seen before and marvelled at how packed with people theyare -- just not tourists. The French use their cafes. They sit out and have coffee and wine and beer
every night..maybe just one but then they can sit at the table for hours. The waiter never comes by to ask you to leave. When your feet are tired it is a perfect antidote to walking.

The weather has been great, the food has been wonderful and we've had a good time. Now we are ready to go back to Texas for a couple weeks.

Israel looms ahead of us. All kinds of wrinkles in the system re getting my niece to Colorado with me. Hopefully we can iron those out once we get to Tel Aviv. All too complicated to get into here. However, she wants to come and her passport is almost ready. We just have to get her dad to get the ticket.

Ashleigh is getting ready to come to Israel with us. I'm currently in the "stuck my foot in my mouth position." and no that is not one of the Ashtanga asanas. If it was...I'd be a pro. However, life happens, mistakes happen, and life goes on. The camels are waiting for us I think and it should be an experience.

We have friends lined up to see when we get back to Texas and I'm looking forward to that.
In otherwords....a bientot we'll see you all soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment